Thursday, December 30, 2010

The afternoon when everything changed...


Hello fair readers, Don Lothario here. *chuckles to himself* Yes, the Don Lothario. Welcome to my world. I can't say it is as you may remember it. I have taken on several attempts over the years, but have never been able to truly tell my story. Now that I have your attention you will be sorry to hear that I have had a bit of a crisis. I don't remember much of my life as it was...I have a few foggy recollections here and there, but have come to accept this life as my own. How I was truly meant to live it.

I can tell you what I do remember of my old life. The afternoon when everything changed is imprinted on me. It was a warm night in Pleasantview, I had just finished soaking in my hot tub with a couple of lovely neighbors. Trust me, the juice had been flowing all afternoon and inhibitions were long forgotten when one of them suggested I try out this new teleporter my neighbor Bob had been working on in his backyard. My intent was to beam myself up to the local grocery store for a few more bottles of juice.

Photobucket

Next thing I knew I was waking up on the sidewalk in front of an old barn. My surroundings did not look all that familiar, but I figured it was just the darn teleporter sending me deep into the outlying farms of Pleasantview. A place a city slicker like me had not taken the time to pay much attention to.

Photobucket

I figured my best chance at finding my way home was finding out where I really was. I approached the door to the barn...and when I went to knock the door creaked open. What I saw stunned me. It was my stuff inside the barn. It absolutely looked like I had been living there and everything felt strangely familiar.

Photobucket

I looked around the room that had to be the main living space of the barn...that was my boombox! And I would know that armoire anywhere...I put those stickers on it as an angsty teen. But what were all my things doing in a barn? And a better question...where on Simearth was I?




No comments:

Post a Comment